Remember that first post in July? This may look familiar…
Jumping right in, I’m not a believer in New Year’s resolutions. I just think they tend to revolve too much around losing weight and looking better and petty bullpucky that sparks a temporary spike in gym and diet industry revenues and doesn’t budge the scale a notch. Plus, I’m don’t have enough will power to diet, so I take a different approach to the New Year.
If you haven’t noticed already, I’m kind of a freak about lists. I read once that writing lists is the best way to naturally combat ADHD… maybe I’m undiagnosed? whatever. Anyway, I write lists all the time because it makes the brain clutter (which sounds something like “BZZZZZZZZIHAVETODOALLTHISCRAPANDICAN’TSORTTHROUGHMYTHOUGHTSENOUGHTOCOHESIVELYFIGUREOUTEXACTLYWHATI
NEEDTODOBZZZZZZZZZ”) and it makes it all pretty too. When I write lists, I’m more proactive. Case in point? Lists=shit gets done.
Anywayyyy, for this year’s bucket list, I compiled 80 things I wanted to do and am already working on many. Given my new address, there’s much to explore. I’m determined to fall in love with this city, even if I have to trip myself to get to that point. Bygones.
- Move to New York.
- Do something crazy.
- Visit the South.
- Dance on a table.
- Host a dinner party.
- Write a letter to a political figure.
- Raise $500 for a charity.
- Sing karaoke.
- Send poetry in to get published.
- Find the best coffee house in the city.
- See a show.
- Try speed dating.
- Learn to photograph.
- Buy myself a Michael Kors watch.
- Spend a weekend in D.C.
- Take a roadtrip.
- Find an excuse to wear a tiara.
- Read 5 books on my list.
- Design an outfit.
- Make business cards.
- Volunteer a week in Costa Rica.
- See Austin.
- Have a shower beer.
- Perfect my dougie.
- Have frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity III.
- Go to a concert.
- Skinny dip.
- Spend a Sunday volunteering with The Breakfast Club.
- Picnic in Central Park.
- Toast our Sep. apartment with champagne.
- Skateboard to class.
- Get a Boston Athenaeum membership.
- Go to a BRUINS game.
- Go to the top of the Empire State Building.
- Slow dance.
- Visit every Manhattan bridge.
- Learn something new.
- Have lunch on the Staten Island Ferry.
- Wear fake eyelashes.
- Have three differently themed dinner parties.
- Buy myself some letters.
- Visit Canada.
- Get better at French.
- Send Amanda a care package.
- Take a dance class.
- Spend a day on the beach.
- Watch all the epic movies that I never did.
- Plant an herb garden.
- Write my number on a bathroom stall.
- Help make Thanksgiving dinner.
- Send in a Postsecret.
- Write a note and leave it in a book.
- Learn to master a stick shift.
- Do a cartwheel.
- Kiss someone under the mistletoe.
- Pay for the person behind me in a drive thru.
- Sneak someone into the Webster.
- Get a massage.
- Create a poster memorializing random quotes.
- Take a CPR course.
- Take a ride in a town car.
- Make something for the apartment.
- Start a journal (again).
- Create a drink.
- Give someone a piggy back ride.
- Shake hands with the Editor in Chief.
- Take myself on a date.
- Talk someone into going to school.
- Buy myself a dress without a reason to wear it.
- Find a place to wear said dress.
- Dress like Jackie O.
- Play an intramural sport.
- Try a new Ben N Jerrys flavor.
- Blog once per week.
- Get to know someone in every Greek organization.
- Force a guy to come over and put up shelves (ha).
- Start a tradition.
- Read every night M-Th.
Here’s to an awesome year!! Happy New Year!
[…] in true Marian form, a new resolution (for my soon to come 2013 Bucket List!): I will either, (a) figure out exactly which combination of preservatives drives my body bonkers, […]