Oh, hello there…
It’s certainly been a while since I wrote here. I have a confession to make. I’ve been cheating on this blog.
What started off as a class assignment has turned into a genuine passion and interest. I’ve been blogging about organic food in Boston on my new(ish) blog, MetrOrganics. Catchy, right? Basically, I eat, breathe, smell, cook and shop organic food in the Boston metro area and—guess what—write about it. It’s fantastic, and I’ve finally succeeded in creating a singularly focused blog. But at the expense of loving this one.
So, some catch-up work…
- I’ve been taking much better care of myself and living by the notion of loving myself first and others second.
- But I have been loving others. Remember those angsty, hyper-transparent posts about a certain boy who was unavailable? Well we’ve been exclusively dating for a couple of months now, and he’s provided all the support I could ever ask for. He also serves as a guinea pig for all my organic cooking experiments.
- My family has been in shambles lately. Following my uncle’s death, my grandmother just passed away a little over a week ago. That makes three deaths on that side in the last year. Needless to say, I’ve been extremely homesick.
- I accepted and started a new internship at Latitude News, an international news site/magazine that makes international news more digestible and applicable to American readers by establishing the context of the issues and providing parallels in the United States.
- I’m on the hunt for my January co-op! I’ve already been offered a position at the San Diego Union-Tribune and am waiting to hear back from (in alphabetical order) The Boston Globe, Boston.com, Daily Item, Farm Aid, Jill’s List, OurStage Inc., Second Nature, Tech Target and TheStreet.com. I’ll keep you posted.
- WOOF Magazine is up and running (sort of). We have our website and twitter going strong and have set our fall print date!! Glad to see my ideas finally panning out.
|He keeps me sane and puts up with my freakouts 🙂|