- There aren’t enough nights in the year for all the books I want to read.
- Chocolate is proof of God’s existence.
- Why is Massachusetts a commonwealth?
- I like bananas and hate banana flavoring. Weird?
- Being a middle child has numerous advantages.
- Women tend to think that we have super mind control manipulative powers, but men mind-fuck us frequently without wearing protection. Not cool.
- Red nail polish is almost as awesome as red lipstick.
- Zyrtek is expensive. But really…
- Dakota Fanning is completely under-appreciated.
- Chocolate is still the best hing on here.
- Glitter makes everything better.
- I really need to go back to Europe.
- There are so many people that write the most random books (that get published). What would I write a book about?
- Wait, who won the Super Bowl?
- And why do I care?
- Do people still send thank you notes? They totally should.
- Chocolate. Perfect. Want.
- I think I’d really enjoy being a nanny. At least for a little while.
- Technology is both a complete savior and a massive pain in the butt.
- What’s the point of earrings?
- There is no such thing as a cheap meal in this city. A burger-sandwich only costs more than $6.
- Ke$ha is epic. Anyone who can incorporate the term “mangina” into a anti-feminist song that’s oddly empowering is talented.
A quote from my friend Nikki/Nicky (while we meandered all over San Diego in search of Belmont Park 🙂 ):
“If you know where you are, then you’re not lost. Just cause you don’t know where you’re going doesn’t mean you’re lost; it means you’re confused.”
There’s nothing like handwritten letters in the mailbox every Thursday to make a girl smile.
Did you know babies laugh on average 300 times a day compared to adults, who average 15?
Now that’s a depressing statistic… ever laughed for no reason? Just because laughing feels WONDERFUL??
Notice the little things and laugh because laughter is life’s medicine. Laugh because it trumps everything else. Laugh because it’s life’s anti-drug.
Laugh with friends, laugh at books, watch some comedy. Laugh at yourself, laugh at friends, laugh at life’s little twists.
Laugh because it burns 1.3 calories per minute, Laugh because life is so thrilling at times, and laugh because it strengthens your diaphragm.
Laughter turns life’s depressions into comedies. And it grants us a sweet taste of perspective.
Laugh. It’s contagious.
Part of me is hesitant to even say this aloud (or written. same same). To be honest, I’m more curious than accusatory. And, boys, I don’t mean to offend, but…
Consider for a moment the lyrics in the following songs:
- The Luckiest- Ben Folds
- Can’t Take My Eyes off You- Lady Antebellum
- Amazed- Lonestar
- Wedding Dress- Matt Nathanson
There are more, but those 4 in particular have been running through my head all day.
All (predominantly) male artists, right? And all heart-wrenching-ly romantic songs. I guess I’m just wondering if guys really think that way. Or do they just have really good lyricists well-versed in the female psyche?
So… in Harry Potter, there’s this super powerful love potion (Amortentia) that smells different to every person depending on what they like.
It’s similar to Sebold’s description of heaven in The Lovely Bones.
Anyway, ever think about what your potion/heaven would smell like?
Mine would be… jasmine flowers and Love Spell perfume and conditioner and Old Spice and salt air and sunscreen and green tea and the waxy lipstick smell. All that mixed with books. And by books I mean the fresh crack, ink-and-paper, new book smell, as well as the musky, moldy, has-a-life-story smell of old books. Both are so intoxicating-ly delicious.
Like I said… random thought.
Imagine how different the world would be if all the world leaders had puppies.
…dog people rock.