- There aren’t enough nights in the year for all the books I want to read.
- Chocolate is proof of God’s existence.
- Why is Massachusetts a commonwealth?
- I like bananas and hate banana flavoring. Weird?
- Being a middle child has numerous advantages.
- Women tend to think that we have super mind control manipulative powers, but men mind-fuck us frequently without wearing protection. Not cool.
- Red nail polish is almost as awesome as red lipstick.
- Zyrtek is expensive. But really…
- Dakota Fanning is completely under-appreciated.
- Chocolate is still the best hing on here.
- Glitter makes everything better.
- I really need to go back to Europe.
- There are so many people that write the most random books (that get published). What would I write a book about?
- Wait, who won the Super Bowl?
- And why do I care?
- Do people still send thank you notes? They totally should.
- Chocolate. Perfect. Want.
- I think I’d really enjoy being a nanny. At least for a little while.
- Technology is both a complete savior and a massive pain in the butt.
- What’s the point of earrings?
- There is no such thing as a cheap meal in this city. A burger-sandwich only costs more than $6.
- Ke$ha is epic. Anyone who can incorporate the term “mangina” into a anti-feminist song that’s oddly empowering is talented.
Part of me is hesitant to even say this aloud (or written. same same). To be honest, I’m more curious than accusatory. And, boys, I don’t mean to offend, but…
Consider for a moment the lyrics in the following songs:
- The Luckiest- Ben Folds
- Can’t Take My Eyes off You- Lady Antebellum
- Amazed- Lonestar
- Wedding Dress- Matt Nathanson
There are more, but those 4 in particular have been running through my head all day.
All (predominantly) male artists, right? And all heart-wrenching-ly romantic songs. I guess I’m just wondering if guys really think that way. Or do they just have really good lyricists well-versed in the female psyche?